Friday, January 11, 2008

Making An Appointment

Maybe a lot of people don't realize how important a hair stylists time is. If you make an appointment to get your hair cut and colored that time is about 2 hours. So if you need to cancel that appointment, don't do it 15 minutes after you were supposed to be there. I have clients on my books so when you cancel or are 20 minutes late, that throws off my entire day. And if you are going to be 30 minutes late, just forget it. There is not enough time to do it. I am not going to make my next client wait because you cant keep your appointment. And if you really do have to cancel do it as early as you can. Then at least I can take other appointments. I miss out when you don't show up. And I guarantee ALL hair stylists feel this way. So try and treat us like the doctor or dentist. You wouldn't just not show up that those appointments would you?

3 comments:

wendy_d23 said...

That is because they charge cancellation fees. You should start charging late or cancellation fees and I think it won't happen.

Linny said...

are walk ins frustrating too because they don't have an appt?

Fran Ross said...

So that's why you often say oops and my hair doesn't look quite right when I show up late. I won't be late tomorrow!!