Sunday, December 2, 2007

One Busy Weekend

Well our weekend was full of fun. No time to rest at all. It started with Tom and his Dad taking the boys to the John Deere store to see Santa. ( Big Tom and Ethan are obsessed with John Deere anything.) My Tom didn't realize they would be getting their pictures taken. Which if you look closely at their outfits, its not something I would have dressed them in for pictures with Santa. Oli in jammies? Such a man thing to do.
So that all took place while I was at work. I worked a half day so I could take Ethan to our neighbors 4th birthday party. It was at a gymnastics gym. We had a blast. This is Ethan in the pit. And if you look in the background you can see our neighbor throwing his 3 year old into the pit. I wanted to jump in too but I didn't want to get in trouble. When we got home we went to Nana's house for a little while and decided to go home, order pizza and watch a movie. Ethan picked out The Jungle Book. I love singing those songs.
Then I took Nana home and went home and crashed. As Sunday morning was my morning to get up with the kids. Then on Sunday morning Nana came and picked up Ethan to take him to church with her. She said he was just singing all the Christmas songs even though he didnt know the words. When Church was over we went to Nana's house to drop off Oli and pick up Ethan. This was the only day we could get our Christmas tree and it was raining. So when it let up we decided we better do it or we would have to wait until the week of Christmas to get it. And tree's are expensive I am not only having it up for 1 week. Plus I love the smell.
Anyway back to the point. We got down to the tree farm. We walked around for about 15 minutes and found this beautiful tree. There is no holes in it at all. We let Ethan pick it out and his only requirement was that it was green. He didn't get a nap yet so he was being very tired and wanted held the whole time. But on the plus side (and Lindsey you totally missed out) They got brand new saw's. The last 2 years at this place it took FOREVER to cut them down because the saw was so dull. This year it was down in less than 5 minutes. Which helped a lot because it started to rain. So we got some hot chocolate and I being the Sheera that I am helped load the tree on top of the car.
When we got home we gave the boys a bath. Mainly because Ethan dribbled chocolate down his shirt. And then we put them in Oli's crib while we sorted some laundry. Then we went back to Nana's for a delicious roast and York Shir Pudding. Ethan was so tired when we got home he fell asleep at 7:20 watching his favorite show. AFV. I am wiped out!!
Ethan loves his brother and his Hoot.

3 comments:

Rushell said...

What a fun weekend. You are such a good mom. I can't beleive we are moms! I was just remembering the other day the AMC days. LOL

Linny said...

i'm pretty upset i couldn't be there to fell the tree this year you don't have to rub it in!

Fran Ross said...

Emma: "Look, Ethan's naked. He loves his teddy bear very much. I love Oli"