Wednesday, December 5, 2007

WARNING!!!

Warning: Never get a 2 year old a gun. Let me explain. A couple of weeks ago we went to a new hunting store that opened in our area. You might know of it, Cabela's. It is the biggest store I have ever been in. The center of it store is a huge mountain that has every animal that lives in the mountains, on it. You can walk through the mountain and is has a fish tank full of salmon and so on. Upstairs they have an African animal area with elephants and zebra and a really scary lion. Anyway, in the kid section they have pop guns. It is a rifle style made of wood and it has a plastic stopper in the end that shoots out but stays connected so it doesn't get lost. I am very anti gun and swore I would never let my kids have one, but I had a moment of weakness and let his grandma get it for him. He loves that thing more than ANYTHING. The second he wakes up its wheres my gun. I have to bribe him sometimes with it. We decided last week to take it away for a while. He was getting a little to violent with it. It started out with we don't shoot people we shoot animals. But not cats and dogs, we shoot deer and elk. He understood as well as a 2 year old can. We have this stuffed animal dragon that great grandma got him and he loves to have his dad throw it in the air and he shoots it. He could do that all day. But then he started shooting bad guys, which then turned in to him shooting me and Oli and his dad. So he doesn't have his gun anymore but I just put him in the shower and he said wheres my gun? He was referring to his letters that stick to the wall in the shower/bath. He turned the b's into guns. He also turned his toy leather man in to a gun. So hopefully you don't make the same mistake I did and get a 2 year old a gun.

1 comment:

Rushell said...

This cracks me up. All Tyler wants for Christmas is a "shooting gun" I took him to see Santa and that is what he told him. We have this one gun that shoots foam disks and I hide it and he forgets about it until he finds it again. But now everytime I ask him what he wants for Christmas this is all he talks about. I definatley don't want anything that shoots out anything so I thought how about one that just makes noise, but then I realize that that is crazy to. Boys! What is the deal with shooting things?