Thursday, December 13, 2007

Too Many Days Off

I really am not in the mood to add to my blog today and I feel like I will never be in the mood to add to it so I am just going to do if really fast.

First I just want so start with I could never be a stay at home mom. I just couldn't. I give it up to all those who can and do. In a nut shell my week and last weekend has gone as follows.
Oli had a 103 degree fever and rash, but as 2 different doctors told me, there is nothing wrong with him. My favorite words to come out of doctors mouths. He was so not sick that he couldn't go to daycare on Tuesday. At least I got a break from the 2 year old maniac. but I woke up this morning to Ethan, not giving me a kiss or telling me good morning. But to him crying and smearing poop, yes poop, all over me. We immediately got in the shower. I think this really was the most gross thing that has ever happened to me. Ya you might tough a little poop when your changing a diaper but to have it all over your shirt and stomach ug gross!!!!! then when we get out Oli wakes up. (I am thankful he wasn't involved in Poopfest 07) so I take them down stairs to get Ethan's diaper and I am on the phone with my sis. When of course Ethan yells MOM POOP!! Fortunately only a little got on the foot stool and most of if was on the wood part. Oh and I think I forgot to mention that when I say poop I don't mean the regular poop (if there is such a thing) I mean pure liquid poop. Sorry to be so graphic but I need you to understand what I have been through.

Santa pictures turned out good. We went on a Wednesday morning so there was no one else there.
On a lighter note, we got the tree decorated last week. Getting ready to take this picture I moved the step stool closer to the tree for Ethan to stand on. Then I was stepping back when I stepped on something swishy. Well it was Toms arm. I fell over landing on the foot stool (that was later pooped on) and with the momentum flew over that and landed head first on the couch. It was as if Ethan had never seen anything so funny.
This is Oli taking an extra long nap to sleep off the fever. It didn't go away till yesterday so he had the fever from Friday through Wednesday. On Monday afternoon he went down for his 2:00 nap and he didn't wake up until 6:30 Tuesday morning. He scared the crap out of me. But I didn't want to wake him if he was that tired.

3 comments:

Fran Ross said...

I was surprised when my phone rang so early in the morning. I felt so bad for you. Don't worry, they will be back to their healthy selves just in time for Christmas!!

Rushell said...

I am so sorry. There is nothing worse then sick kids, especially with poop issues. I hope everyone feels better soon. You did get a great Santa picture though... Way Cute!

wendy_d23 said...

Does he normally sleep with his legs out of the crib? That is the first picture I have seen where I think he really looks like Ethan .