Friday, March 7, 2008

Our Week

So I was in my friends wedding last Saturday. It was a beautiful wedding. And I wore the shoes all night. The boys that night did not feel well you could tell. Even though Ethan was a dancing machine. Oliver was really sleepy. The next day I was throwing up and both boys had high fevers. So Monday was miserable and Tuesday Tom had to stay home with them and Wed again miserable. Thursday I woke up in so much pain I just cried. So I took the boys to daycare praying they could stay because I was in no state to take care of them. My body was in so much pain. Of course I couldn't get in to the doctor until 4. Well at 3:30 daycare calls. They are both sick with fevers so I need to come get them. I am still in sweats and a tank. It takes 45 minutes to get to daycare and back on a day. And I have 30 minutes to get there and to the doctor. The doc luckily is about 5 minutes closer to daycare. So I throw some cloths on that totally didn't match but I really didn't care. Then I take off. Planning on speeding the whole way so I am not late for the doc, I take off down the street. The road when you pull out of my neighborhood is 3 miles of 25 MPH I get stuck behind a car going 20. Then I just start crying. I have never needed to go to the doctor more in my life and now I am going to be late and they are probably going to tell me they cant see me. Plus now I am thinking I have to take both kids with me, and that is always a struggle. So I finally get to the end of that road and that car turns the opposite way. But of course I get stuck behind a construction truck and a school bus. Both that are going 30 in a 45. I again start crying. I finally get to day care being stuck behind the bus all the way to the daycares neighborhood. They help be load the boys because I have no strength to carrie them. And I go a different way back and am only 7 minutes late. Which meant I only had to wait in the waiting room for 3 minutes. I have influenza. The actual flu. Not the stomach flu the bad flu. So now I get vicodin for the pain and antibiotics. I feel better today but I still hurt alot. Oliver I think is teething so he is miserable and Ethan is still at 101 even though he is jumping on his bed right now. So I stayed home today and kept them both home with me. We are having a pretty good day so far.

1 comment:

Linny said...

gosh i'm sorry you are so sick! I was watching the news and it said the flu is widespread in every state except florida where it is still regional. I got sick the week before last but it wasn't as bad as you, I was just bein a baby cuz i'm PG. Hope you feel better! Love ya!