Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Who's A Brave Girl? I AM!

So like a lot of the girls that went to Brave Girls Camp I have been having a hard time even sitting down to write about it. There are no words to describe what it was like to be there. It was the most peaceful place I have ever been. And all I can think about is going back.
The women I met there were AMAZING. I have never felt more at home, not being at home, as I did there. From the moment I walked in and saw all the lights and pictures and SMILES and LOVE I new I was supposed to be there.
Life Changing FUN for Women is exactly what is was.
I am a total loser and forgot my camera so I have no pictures to post but it was beautiful.
We created lots of things. Now I have 2 boys and a husband and I typically don't have time to create things for me. I do at work all the time for other people and I love it but its not the same. I was able to create things for me. For no one else, just for me. I never do that. I WILL do that now. I feel its so important to get it out. And what better way to "get it out" than with some glitter and some mod podge. ( i still cant believe i never knew about that stuff )
One of the things that hit home to me was on the first night a wonderful woman spoke about her life. She has changed me...Forever. I am so grateful that she spoke. She spoke about having a choice in life. That you have a choice in every situation you are in, you have a choice. Easy or hard you have one. And that is something that I have been thinking about non stop since she said it. I do have a choice. I can be happy or sad. I can just do it and I can choose not to. I guess I have just always thought that you don't. And maybe I just always do what easy cause its easy. So I am just so grateful that I was able to listen to her speak.
I still am trying to find the best words but I am just speechless. I am so grateful that I was able to attend and that I was able to get to know Kathy and Melody. I can not thank them and the staff enough for EVERYTHING. No detail was unnoticed. And everything Luscious I mean Jeanne said that last night was right on for me. You guys are AMAZING.

3 comments:

Jeanne Oliver said...

I agree with the first night and how much it has changed my heart. I don't think I will ever forget her story. I miss you and your smiling face. What do you think...reunion at the next BGC???:-)

wendy_d23 said...

I wish I could be there and help take care you and your gimp leg! I love you!

Graham said...

I looked up the website and it looks so cool! How fun!